泰戈尔诗选:飞鸟集·新月集+名人传+老人与海(套装共3册)(txt+pdf+epub+mobi电子书下载)


发布时间:2020-11-16 08:56:23

点击下载

作者:[法]罗曼·罗兰,[美]海明威,[印]泰戈尔

出版社:出版社:中国致公出版社,西苑出版社

格式: AZW3, DOCX, EPUB, MOBI, PDF, TXT

泰戈尔诗选:飞鸟集·新月集+名人传+老人与海(套装共3册)

泰戈尔诗选:飞鸟集·新月集+名人传+老人与海(套装共3册)试读:

 版权信息书名:泰戈尔诗选:飞鸟集·新月集+名人传+老人与海(套装共3册)作者:[法]罗曼·罗兰,[美]海明威,[印]泰戈尔排版:Cicy出版社:中国致公出版社,西苑出版社 社出版时间:2016-02-01ISBN:9789900052579本书由同人阁文化传媒(北京)有限公司授权北京当当科文电子商务有限公司制作与发行。— · 版权所有 侵权必究 · —泰戈尔画像飞鸟集 Stray Birds一九二二年版《飞鸟集》例言

译诗是一件最不容易的工作。原诗音节的保留固然是绝不可能的事!就是原诗意义的完全移植,也有十分的困难。散文诗算是最容易译的,但有时也须费十分的力气。如惠德曼(Walt Whitman)的《草叶集》便是一个例子。这有两个原因:第一,有许多诗中特用的美丽文句,差不多是不能移动的。在一种文字里,这种字眼是“诗的”是“美的”,如果把他移植在第二种文字中,不是找不到相当的好字,便是把原意丑化了,变成非“诗的”了。在泰戈尔的《人格论》中,曾讨论到这一层。他以为诗总是要选择那“有生气的”字眼,——就是那些不仅仅为报告用而能融化于我们心中,不因市井常用而损坏它的形式的字眼。譬如在英文里,“意识”(consciousness)这个字,带有多少科学的意义,所以诗中不常用它。印度文的同意字chetana则是一个“有生气”而常用于诗歌里的字。又如英文的“感情”(feeling)这个字是充满了生命的,但彭加利文(即孟加拉文)里的同意字anubhuti则诗中绝无用之者。在这些地方,译诗的人实在感到万分困难。第二,诗歌的文句总是含蓄的,暗示的。他的句法的构造,多简短而含义丰富。有的时候,简直不能译。如直译,则不能达意。如稍加诠释,则又把原文的风韵与含蓄完全消灭,而使之不成一首诗了。

因此,我主张诗集的介绍,只应当在可能的范围选择,而不能——也不必——完全整册地搬运过来。

大概诗歌的选译,有两个方便的地方:第一,选择可以适应译者的兴趣。在一本诗集中的许多诗,译者未必都十分喜欢它。如果不十分喜欢他,不十分觉得它的美好,则他的译文必不能十分得神,至少也把这快乐的工作变成一种无意义的苦役。选译则可以减灭译者的这层痛苦。第二,便是减少上述的两层翻译上的困难。因为如此便可以把不能译的诗,不必译出来。译出来而丑化了或是为读者所看不懂,则反不如不译的好。

但我并不是在这里宣传选译主义。诗集的全选,是我所极端希望而且欢迎的。不过这种工作应当让给那些有全译能力的译者去做。我为自己的兴趣与能力所限制,实在不敢担任这种重大的工作。且为大多数的译者计,我也主张选译是较好的一种译诗方法。

现在我译泰戈尔的诗,便实行了这种选译的主张,以前我也有全译泰戈尔各诗集的野心。有好些友人也极力劝我把它们全译出来。我试了几次。但我的野心与被大家鼓起的勇气,终于给我的能力与兴趣打败了。

现在所译的泰戈尔各集的诗,都是:

1. 我所最喜欢读的,而且——

2. 是我的能力所比较的能够译得出的。

有许多诗,我自信是能够译得出的,但因为自己翻译它们的兴趣不大强烈,便不高兴去译它们。还有许多诗我是很喜欢读它们,而且是极愿意把它们译出来的。但因为自己能力的不允许,便也只好舍弃了它们。

即在这些译出的诗中,有许多也是自己觉得译得不好,心中很不满意的。但实在不忍再割舍它们了。只好请读者赏读它的原意,不必注意于粗陋的译文。

泰戈尔的诗集用英文出版的共有六部:(一)《园丁集》      (Gardener)(二)《吉檀迦利》     (Jitanjali)(三)《新月集》      (Crescent Moon)(四)《采果集》      (Fruit-Gathering)(五)《飞鸟集》      (Stray Birds)(六)《爱者之贻与歧路》  (Lover's Gift And Crossing)

但据B. K. Roy的《泰戈尔与其诗》 (R. Tagore:The Man And His Poetry)一书上所载,他用彭加利文写的重要诗集,却有下面的许多种:Sandhva Sangit,Kshanika,Probhat Sangit,Kanika,Bhanusingher Padabali,Kahini,Chabi O Gan,Sishn,Naibadya,Kari O Komal,Utsharga,Prakritir Pratisodh,Kheya,Sonartari,Chaitali,Gitanzali,Kalpana,Gitimalya,Katha.

我的这几本诗选,是根据那六部用英文写的诗集译下来的。因为我不懂梵文。

在这几部诗集中,间有重出的诗篇,如《海边》一诗,已见于《新月集》中,而又列入《吉檀迦利》,排为第六十首。《飞鸟集》的第九十八首,也与同集中的第二百六十三首相同。像这一类的诗篇,都照先见之例,把他列入最初见的地方(参照人民文学出版社一九六一年版《泰戈尔作品集》,《海边》一诗未列入《新月集》而归入《吉檀迦利》。集中其他重复之诗章,亦以上述作品集为准排列。——编者)

我的译文自信是很忠实的。误解的地方,却也保不定完全没有。如读者偶有发现,肯公开地指教我,那是我所异常欢迎的。郑振铎 1922年6月26日一九三三年版本序《飞鸟集》曾经全译出来一次,因为我自己的不满意,所以又把它删节为现在的选译本(这次出版的《飞鸟集》,是增补完备的全译本——编者)。以前,我曾看见有人把这诗集选译过,但似乎错得太多,因此我译时不曾拿它来参考。

近来小诗十分发达。他们的作者大半都是直接或间接受泰戈尔此集的影响的。此集的介绍,对于没有机会得读原文的,至少总有些贡献。

这诗集的一部分译稿是积了许多时候的,但大部分却都是在西湖俞楼译的。

我在此谢谢叶圣陶、徐玉诺二君。他们替我很仔细地校读过这部译文,并且供给了许多重要的意见给我。郑振铎 1933年6月26日正文1

夏天的飞鸟,飞到我窗前唱歌,又飞去了。

秋天的黄叶,它们没有什么可唱,只叹息一声,飞落在那里。

 

Stray birds of summer come to my window to sing and fly away.

And yellow leaves of autumn,which have no songs,flutter and fall there with a sigh.2

世界上的一队小小的漂泊者呀,请留下你们的足印在我的文字里。

 

O Troupe of little vagrants of the world,leave your footprints in my words.3

世界对着它的爱人,把它浩瀚的面具揭下了。

它变小了,小如一首歌,小如一回永恒的接吻。

 

The world puts off its mask of vastness to its lover.

It becomes small as one song,as one kiss of the eternal.4

是大地的泪点,使她的微笑保持着青春不谢。

 

It is the tears of the earth that keep her smiles in bloom.5

广漠无垠的沙漠热烈地追求着一叶绿草的爱,但她摇摇头,笑着飞开了。

 

The mighty desert is burning for the love of a blade of grass who shakes her head and laughs and flies away.6

如果你因失去了太阳而流泪,那么你也将失去群星了。

 

If you shed tears when you miss the sun,you also miss the stars.7

跳舞着的流水呀,在你途中的泥沙,要求你的歌声,你的流动呢。你肯挟跛足的泥沙而俱下么?

 

The sands in your way beg for your song and your movement,dancing water. Will you carry the burden of their lameness?8

她热切的脸,如夜雨似的,搅扰着我的梦魂。

 

Her wishful face haunts my dreams like the rain at night.9

有一次,我们梦见大家都是不相识的。

我们醒了,却知道我们原是相亲相爱的。

 

Once we dreamt that we were strangers.

We wake up to find that we were dear to each other.10

忧思在我的心里平静下去,正如暮色降临在寂静的山林中。

 

Sorrow is hushed into peace in my heart like the evening among the silent trees.11

有些看不见的手指,如懒懒的微飔似的,正在我的心上奏着潺湲的乐声。

 

Some unseen fingers,like an idle breeze,are playing upon my heart the music of the ripples.12“海水呀,你说的是什么?”“是永恒的疑问。”“天空呀,你回答的话是什么?”“是永恒的沉默。”

 

What language is thine,O sea?

The language of eternal question.

What language is thy answer,O sky?

The language of eternal silence.13

静静地听,我的心呀,听那世界的低语,这是他对你求爱的表 示呀。

 

Listen,my heart,to the whispers of the world with which it makes love to you.14

创造的神秘,有如夜间的黑暗——是伟大的。而知识的幻影却不过如晨间之雾。

 

The mystery of creation is like the darkness of night—it is great. Delusions of knowledge are like the fog of the morning.15

不要因为峭壁是高的,便让你的爱情坐在峭壁上。

 

Do not seat your love upon a precipice because it is high.16

我今晨坐在窗前,世界如一个过路的人似的,停留了一会,向我点点头又走过去了。

 

I sit at my window this morning where the world like a passer-by stops for a moment,nods to me and goes.17

这些微飔,是绿叶的簌簌之声呀;它们在我的心里,欢悦地微 语着。

 

There little thoughts are the rustle of leaves;they have their whisper of joy in my mind.18

你看不见你自己,你所看见的只是你的影子。

 

What you are you do not see,what you see is your shadow.19

神呀,我的那些愿望真是愚傻呀,它们杂在你的歌声中喧叫着呢。

让我只是静听着吧。

 

My wishes are fools,they shout across thy song,my Master.

Let me but listen.20

我不能选择那最好的。

是那最好的选择我。

 

I cannot choose the best.

The best chooses me.21

那些把灯背在背上的人,把他们的影子投到了自己面前。

 

They throw their shadows before them who carry their lantern on their back.22

我的存在,对我是一个永久的神奇,这就是生活。

 

That I exist is a perpetual surprise which is life.23“我们,萧萧的树叶,都有声响回答那暴风雨。你是谁呢,那样地沉默着?”“我不过是一朵花。”

 

We,the rustling leaves,have a voice that answers the storms,but who are you so silent?

I am a mere flower.24

休息与工作的关系,正如眼睑与眼睛的关系。

 

Rest belongs to the work as the eyelids to the eyes.25

人是一个初生的孩子,他的力量,就是生长的力量。

 

Man is a born child,his power is the power of growth.26

上帝希望我们酬答他,在于他送给我们的花朵,而不在于太阳和土地。

 

God expects answers for the flowers he sends us,not for the sun,the earth.27

光明如一个裸体的孩子,快快活活地在绿叶当中游戏,它不知道人是会欺诈的。

 

The light that plays,like a naked child,among the green leaves happily knows not that man can lie.28

啊,美呀,在爱中找你自己吧,不要到你镜子的谄谀中去找寻。

 

O Beauty,find thyself in love,not in the flattery of thy mirror.29

我的心把她的波浪在世界的海岸上冲激着,以热泪在上面写着她的题记:“我爱你。”

 

My heart beats her waves at the shore of the world and writes upon it her signature in tears with the words,I love thee.30“月儿呀,你在等候什么呢?”“向我将让位给他的太阳致敬。”

 

Moon,for what do you wait?

To salute the sun for whom I must make way.31

绿树长到了我的窗前,仿佛是喑哑的大地发出的渴望的声音。

 

The trees come up to my window like the yearning voice of the dumb earth.32

神自己的清晨,在他自己看来也是新奇的。

 

His own mornings are new surprises to God.33

生命从世界得到资产,爱情使它得到价值。

 

Life finds its wealth by the claims of the world,and its worth by the claims of love.34

枯竭的河床,并不感谢它的过去。

 

The dry river-bed finds no thanks for its past.35

鸟儿愿为一朵云。

云儿愿为一只鸟。

 

The bird wishes it were a cloud.

The cloud wishes it were a bird.36

瀑布歌唱道:“我得到自由时便有歌声了。”

 

The waterfall sing,“I find my song,when I find my freedom.”37

我说不出这心为什么那样默默地颓丧着。

是为了它那不曾要求、不曾知道、不曾记得的小小的需要。

 

I cannot tell why this heart languishes in silence.

It is for small needs it never asks,or knows or remembers.38

妇人,你在料理家事的时候,你的手足歌唱着,正如山间的溪水歌唱着在小石中流过。

 

Woman,when you move about in your household service,your limbs sing like a hill stream among its pebbles.39

当太阳横过西方的海面时,对着东方留下他最后的敬礼。

 

The sun goes to cross the Western sea,leaving its last salutation to the East.40

不要因为你自己没有胃口,而去责备你的食物。

 

Do not blame your food because you have no appetite.41

群树如表示大地的愿望似的,踮起脚来向天空窥望。

 

The trees,like the longings of the earth,stand a-tiptoe to peep at the heaven.42

你微微地笑着,不同我说什么话。而我觉得,为了这个,我已等待得久了。

 

You smiled and talked to me of nothing and I felt that for this I had been waiting long.43

水里的游鱼是沉默的,陆地上的兽类是喧闹的,空中的飞鸟是歌唱着的。

但是,人类却兼有海里的沉默,地上的喧闹与空中的音乐。

 

The fish in the water is silent,the animal on the earth is noisy,the bird in the air is singing.

But Man has in him the silence of the sea,the noise of the earth and the music of the air.44

世界在踌躇之心的琴弦上跑过去,奏出忧郁的乐声。

The world rushes on over the strings of the lingering heart making the music of sadness.45

他把他的刀剑当作他的上帝。

当他的刀剑胜利时他自己却失败了。

 

He has made his weapons his gods.

When his weapons win he is defeated himself.46

神从创造中找到他自己。

 

God finds himself by creating.47“阴影”戴上她的面幕,秘密地,温顺地,用她的沉默的爱的脚步,跟在“光”后边。

 

Shadow,with her veil drawn,follows Light in secret meekness,with her silent steps of love.48

群星不怕显得像萤火那样。

 

The stars are not afraid to appear like fireflies.49

谢谢神,我不是一个权力的轮子,而是被压在这轮下的活人之一。

 

I thank thee that I am none of the wheels of power but I am one with the living creatures that are crushed by it.50

心是尖锐的,不是宽博的,它执着在每一点上,却并不活动。

 

The mind,sharp but not broad,sticks at every point but does not move.51

你的偶像落散在尘土中了,这可证明神的尘土比你的偶像还伟大。

 

Your idol is shattered in the dust to prove that God's dust is greater than your idol.52

人不能在他的历史中表现出他自己,他在历史中奋斗着露出头角。

 

Man does not reveal himself in his history,he struggles up through it.53

玻璃灯因为瓦灯叫他做表兄而责备瓦灯。但当明月出来时,玻璃灯却温和地微笑着,叫明月为——“我亲爱的,亲爱的姐姐。”

 

While the glass lamp rebukes the earthen for calling it cousin,the moon rises,and the glass lamp,with a bland smile,calls her,—“My dear,dear sister.”54

我们如海鸥之与波涛相遇似的,遇见了,走近了。海鸥飞去,波涛滚滚地流开,我们也分别了。

 

Like the meeting of the seagulls and the waves we meet and come near. The seagulls fly off,the waves roll away and we depart.55

我的白昼已经完了,我像一只泊在海滩上的小船,谛听着晚潮跳舞的乐声。

 

My day is done,and I am like a boat drawn on the beach,listening to the dance-music of the tide in the evening.56

我们的生命是天赋的,我们唯有献出生命,才能得到生命。

 

Life is given to us,we earn it by giving it.57

当我们是大为谦卑的时候,便是我们最近于伟大的时候。

 

We come nearest to the great when we are great in humility.58

麻雀看见孔雀负担着它的翎尾,替它担忧。

 

The sparrow is sorry for the peacock at the burden of its tail.59

决不要害怕刹那——永恒之声这样地唱着。

 

Never be afraid of the moments—thus sings the voice of the everlasting.60

飓风于无路之中寻求最短之路,又突然地在“无何有之国”终止了它的寻求。

 

The hurricane seeks the shortest road by the no-road,and suddenly ends its search in the Nowhere.61

在我自己的杯中,饮了我的酒吧,朋友。

一倒在别人的杯里,这酒的腾跳的泡沫便要消失了。

 

Take my wine in my own cup,friend.

It loses its wreath of foam when poured into that of others.62“完全”为了对“不全”的爱,把自己装饰得美丽。

 

The perfect decks itself in beauty for the love of the Imperfect.63

神对人说道:“我医治你所以伤害你,爱你所以惩罚你。”

 

God says to man,“I heal you therefore I hurt,love you therefore punish.”64

谢谢火焰给你光明,但是不要忘了那执灯的人,他是坚忍地站在黑暗当中呢。

 

Thank the flame for its light,but do not forget the lampholder standing in the shade with constancy of patience.65

小草呀,你的足步虽小,但是你拥有你足下的土地。

 

Tiny grass,your steps are small,but you possess the earth under your tread.66

幼花的蓓蕾开放了,它叫道:“亲爱的世界呀,请不要萎谢了。”

 

The infant flower opens its bud and cries,“Dear World,please do not fade.”67

神对于那些大帝国会感到厌恶,却决不会厌恶那些小小的花朵。

 

God grows weary of great kingdoms,but never of little flowers.68

错误经不起失败,但是真理却不怕失败。

 

Wrong cannot afford defeat but Right can.69

瀑布歌唱道:“虽然渴者只要少许的水便够了,我却很快活地给予了我全部的水。”

 

“I give my whole water in joy,”sings the waterfall,though little of it is enough for the thirsty.70

把那些花朵抛掷上去的那一阵子无休无止的狂欢大喜的劲儿,其源泉是在哪里呢?

 

Where is the fountain that throws up these flowers in a ceaseless outbreak of ecstasy?71

樵夫的斧头,问树要斧柄。

树便给了他。

 

The woodcutter's axe begged for its handle from the tree.

The tree gave it.72

这寡独的黄昏,幕着雾与雨,我在我心的孤寂里,感觉到它的叹息。

 

In my solitude of heart I feel the sigh of this widowed evening veiled with mist and rain.73

贞操是从丰富的爱情中生出来的财富。

 

Chastity is a wealth that comes from abundance of love.74

雾,像爱情一样,在山峰的心上游戏,生出种种美丽的变幻。

 

The mist,like love,plays upon the heart of the hills and brings out surprises of beauty.75

我们把世界看错了,反说它欺骗我们。

 

We read the world wrong and say that it deceives us.76

诗人——飙风,正出经海洋和森林,追求它自己的歌声。

 

The poet wind is out over the sea and the forest to seek his own voice.77

每一个孩子出生时都带来信息说:神对人并未灰心失望。

 

Every child comes with the message that God is not yet discouraged of man.78

绿草求她地上的伴侣。

树木求他天空的寂寞。

 

The grass seeks her crowd in the earth.

The tree seeks his solitude of the sky.79

人对他自己建筑起堤防来。

 

Man barricades against himself.80

我的朋友,你的语声飘荡在我的心里,像那海水的低吟声,绕缭在静听着的松林之间。

 

Your voice,my friend,wanders in my heart,like the muffled sound of the sea among these listening pines.81

这个不可见的黑暗之火焰,以繁星为其火花的,到底是什么呢?

 

What is this unseen flame of darkness whose sparks are the stars?82

使生如夏花之绚烂,死如秋叶之静美。

 

Let life be beautiful like summer flowers and death like autumn leaves.83

那想做好人的,在门外敲着门;那爱人的,看见门敞开着。

 

He who wants to do good knocks at the gate;he who loves finds the gate open.84

在死的时候,众多合而为一;在生的时候,一化为众多。

神死了的时候,宗教便将合而为一。

 

In death the many becomes one;in life the one becomes many.

Religion will be one when God is dead.85

艺术家是自然的情人,所以他是自然的奴隶,也是自然的主人。

 

The artist is the lover of Nature,therefore he is her slave and her master.86“你离我有多远呢,果实呀?”“我藏在你心里呢,花呀。”

 

“How far are you from me,O Fruit?”

“I am hidden in your heart,O Flower.”87

这个渴望是为了那个在黑夜里感觉得到,在大白天里却看不见的人。

 

This longing is for the one who is felt in the dark,but not seen in the day.88

露珠对湖水说道:“你,是在荷叶下面的大露珠,我是在荷叶上面的较小的露珠。”

 

“You are the big drop of dew under the lotus leaf,I am the smaller one on its upper side,”said the dewdrop to the lake.89

刀鞘保护刀的锋利,它自己则满足于它的迟钝。

 

The scabbard is content to be dull when it protects the keenness of the sword.90

在黑暗中,“一”视若一体;在光亮中,“一”便视若众多。

 

In darkness the One appears as uniform;in the light the One appears as manifold.91

大地借助于绿草,显出她自己的殷勤好客。

 

The great earth makes herself hospitable with the help of the grass.92

绿叶的生与死乃是旋风的急骤的旋转,它的更广大的旋转的圈子,乃是在天上繁星之间徐缓地转动。

 

The birth and death of the leaves are the rapid whirls of the eddy whose wider circles move slowly among stars.93

权威对世界说道:“我是我的。”

世界便把权威囚禁在她的宝座下面。

爱情对世界说道:“我是你的。”

世界便给予爱情以在她屋内来往的自由。

 

Power said to the world,“You are mine.”

The world kept it prisoner on her throne.

Love said to the world,“I am thine.”

The world gave it the freedom of her house.94

浓雾仿佛是大地的愿望。

它藏起了太阳,而太阳乃是她所呼求的。

 

The mist is like the earth's desire.

It hides the sun for whom she cries.95

安静些吧,我的心,这些大树都是祈祷者呀。

 

Be still,my heart,these great trees are prayers.96

瞬刻的喧声,讥笑着永恒的音乐。

 

The noise of the moment scoffs at the music of the Eternal.97

我想起了浮泛在生与爱与死的川流上的许多别的时代,以及这些时代之被遗忘,我便感觉到离开尘世的自由了。

 

I think of other ages that floated upon the stream of life and love and death and are forgotten,and I feel the freedom of passing away.98

我灵魂里的忧郁就是她的新婚的面纱。

这面纱等候着在夜间卸去。

 

The sadness of my soul is her bride's veil.

It waits to be lifted in the night.99

死之印记给生的钱币以价值;使它能够用生命来购买那真正的宝物。

 

Death's stamp gives value to the coin of life,making it possible to buy with life what is truly precious.100

白云谦逊地站在天之一隅。

晨光给他戴上了霞彩。

 

The cloud stood humbly in a corner of the sky.

The morning crowned it with splendour.101

尘土受到损辱,却以她的花朵来报答。

 

The dust receives insult and in return offers her flowers.102

只管走过去,不必逗留着采了花朵来保存,因为一路上花朵自会继续开放的。

 

Do not linger to gather flowers to keep them,but walk on,for flowers will keep themselves blooming all your way.103

根是地下的枝。

枝是空中的根。

 

Roots are the branches down in the earth.

Branches are roots in the air.104

远远去了的夏之音乐,翱翔于秋间,寻求它的旧垒。

 

The music of the far-away summer flutters around the Autumn seeking its former nest.105

不要从你自己的袋里掏出勋绩借给你的朋友,这是污辱他的。

 

Do not insult your friend by lending him merits from your own pocket.106

无名的日子的感触,攀缘在我的心上,正像那绿色的苔藓,攀缘在老树的周身。

 

The touch of the nameless days clings to my heart like mosses round the old tree.107

回声嘲笑着她的原声,以证明她是原声。

 

The echo mocks her origin to prove she is the original.108

当富贵利达的人夸说他得到神的特别恩惠时,上帝却羞了。

 

God is ashamed when the prosperous boasts of His special favour.109

我投射我自己的影子在我的路上,因为我有一盏还没有燃点起来的明灯。

 

I cast my own shadow upon my path,because I have a lamp that has not been lighted.110

人走进喧哗的群众里去,为的是要淹没他自己的沉默的呼号。

 

Man goes into the noisy crowed to drown his own clamour of silence.111

终止于衰竭的是“死亡”,但“圆满”却终止于无穷。

 

That which ends in exhaustion is death,but the perfect ending is in the endless.112

太阳只穿一件朴素的光衣,白云却披了灿烂的裙裾。

 

The sun has his simple rode of light. The clouds are decked with gorgeousness.113

山峰如群儿之喧嚷,举起他们的双臂,想去捉天上的星星。

 

The hills are like shouts of children who raise their arms,trying to catch stars.114

道路虽然拥挤,却是寂寞的,因为它是不被爱的。

 

The road is lonely in its crowd for it is not loved.115

权势以它的恶行自夸,落下的黄叶与浮游的云片却在笑它。

 

The power that boasts of its mischiefs is laughed at by the yellow leaves that fall,and clouds that pass by.116

今天大地在太阳光里向我营营哼鸣,像一个织着布的妇人,用一种已经被忘却的语言,哼着一些古代的歌曲。

 

The earth hums to me today in the sun,like a woman at her spinning,some ballad of the ancient time in a forgotten tongue.117

绿草是无愧于它所生长的伟大世界的。

 

The grass-blade is worthy of the great world where it grows.118

梦是一个一定要谈话的妻子。

睡眠是一个默默地忍受的丈夫。

 

Dream is a wife who must talk,

Sleep is a husband who silently suffers.119

夜与逝去的日子接吻,轻轻地在他耳旁说道:“我是死,是你的母亲。我就要给你以新的生命。”

 

The night kisses the fading day whispering to his ear,“I am death,your mother. I am to give you fresh birth.”120

黑夜呀,我感觉到你的美了。你的美如一个可爱的妇人,当她把灯灭了的时候。

 

I feel thy beauty,dark night,like that of the loved woman when she has put out the lamp.121

我把在那些已逝去的世界上的繁荣带到我的世界上来。

 

I carry in my world that flourishes the worlds that have failed.122

亲爱的朋友呀,当我静听着海涛时,我好几次在暮色深沉的黄昏里,在这个海岸上,感到你的伟大思想的沉默了。

 

Dear friend,I feel the silence of your great thoughts of many a deepening eventide on this beach when I listen to these waves.123

鸟以为把鱼举在空中是一种慈善的举动。

 

The bird thinks it is an act of kindness to give the fish a life in the air.124

夜对太阳说道:“在月亮中,你送了你的情书给我。”“我已在绿草上留下我的流着泪点的回答了。”

 

“In the moon thou sendest thy love letters to me,”said the night to the sun.

“I leave my answers in tears upon the grass.”125

伟人是一个天生的孩子,当他死时,他把他的伟大的孩提时代给了世界。

The great is a born child;when he dies he gives his great childhood to the world.126

不是槌的打击,乃是水的载歌载舞,使鹅卵石臻于完美。

 

Not hammer-strokes,but dance of the water sings the pebbles into perfection.127

蜜蜂从花中啜蜜,离开时营营地道谢。

浮夸的蝴蝶却相信花是应该向他道谢的。

 

Bees sip honey from flowers and hum their thanks when they leave.

The gaudy butterfly is sure that the flowers owe thanks to him.128

如果你不等待着要说出完全的真理,那么把真话说出来是很容易的。

 

To be outspoken is easy when you do not wait to speak the complete truth.129“可能”问“不可能”道:“你住在什么地方呢?”

它回答道:“在那无能为力者的梦境里。”

 

Asks the Possible to the Impossible,

Where is your dwelling-place?

In the dreams of the impotent,comes the answer.130

如果你把所有的错误都关在门外时,真理也要被关在外面了。

 

If you shut your door to all errors truth will be shut out.131

我听见有些东西在我心的忧闷后面萧萧作响,——我不能看见它们。

 

I hear some rustle of things behind my sadness of heart,—I cannot see them.132

闲暇在动作时便是工作。

静止的海水荡动时便成波涛。

 

Leisure in its activity is work.

The stillness of the sea stirs in waves.133

绿叶恋爱时便成了花。

花崇拜时便成了果实。

 

The leaf becomes flower when it loves.

The flower becomes fruit when it worships.134

埋在地下的树根使树枝产生果实,却不要求什么报酬。

 

The roots below the earth claim no rewards for making the branches fruitful.135

阴雨的黄昏,风无休止地吹着。

我看着摇曳的树枝,想念着万物的伟大。

 

This rainy evening the wind is restless.

I look at the swaying branches and ponder over the greatness of all things.136

子夜的风雨,如一个巨大的孩子,在不合时宜的黑夜里醒来,开始游戏和喧闹。

 

Storm of midnight,like a giant child awakened in the untimely dark,has begun to play and shout.137

海呀,你这暴风雨的孤寂的新妇呀,你虽掀起波浪追随你的情人,但是无用呀。

 

Thou raisest thy waves vainly to follow thy lover,O sea,thou lonely bride of the storm.138

文字对工作说道:“我惭愧我的空虚。”

工作对文字说道:“当我看见你时,我便知道我是怎样地贫乏了。”

 

“I am ashamed of my emptiness,”said the Word to the Work.

“I know how poor I am when I see you,”said the Work to the Word.139

时间是变化的财富。时钟模仿它,却只有变化而无财富。

 

Time is the wealth of change,but the clock in its parody makes it mere change and no wealth.140

真理穿了衣裳,觉得事实太拘束了。

在想象中,她却转动得很舒畅。

 

Truth in her dress finds facts too tight.

In fiction she moves with ease.141

当我到这里那里旅行着时,路呀,我厌倦你了;但是现在,当你引导我到各处去时,我便爱上你,与你结婚了。

 

When I travelled to here and to there,I was tired of thee,O Road,but now when thou leadest me to everywhere I am wedded to thee in love.142

让我设想,在群星之中,有一颗星是指导着我的生命通过不可知的黑暗的。

 

Let me think that there is one among those stars that guides my life through the dark unknown.143

妇人,你用了你美丽的手指,触着我的什物,秩序便如音乐似的生出来了。

 

Woman,with the grace of your fingers you touched my things and order came out like music.144

一个忧郁的声音,筑巢于逝水似的年华中。

它在夜里向我唱道:“我爱你。”

 

One sad voice has its nest among the ruins of the years.

It sings to me in the night,—I loved you.145

燃着的火,以它熊熊的光焰警告我不要走近它。

把我从潜藏在灰中的余烬里救出来吧。

 

The flaming fire warns me off by its own glow.

Save me from the dying embers hidden under ashes.146

我有群星在天上,

但是,唉,我屋里的小灯却没有点亮。

 

I have my stars in the sky.

But oh for my little lamp unlit in my house.147

死文字的尘土沾着你。

用沉默去洗净你的灵魂吧。

 

The dust of the dead words clings to thee.

Wash thy soul with silence.148

生命里留了许多罅隙,从中送来了死之忧郁的音乐。

 

Gaps are left in life through which comes the sad music of death.149

世界已在早晨敞开了它的光明之心。

出来吧,我的心,带着你的爱去与它相会。

 

The world has opened its heart of light in the morning.

Come out,my heart,with thy love to meet it.150

我的思想随着这些闪耀的绿叶而闪耀;我的心灵因了这日光的抚触而歌唱;我的生命因为偕了万物一同浮泛在空间的蔚蓝、时间的墨黑中而感到欢快。

 

My thoughts shimmer with these shimmering leaves and my heart sings with the touch of this sunlight;my life is glad to be floating with all things into the blue of space,into the dark of time.151

神的巨大的威权是在柔和的微飔里,而不在狂风暴雨之中。

 

God's great power is in the gentle breeze,not in the storm.152

在梦中,一切事都散漫着,都压着我,但这不过是一个梦呀。当我醒来时,我便将觉得这些事都已聚集在你那里,我也便将自由了。

 

This is a dream in which things are all loose and they oppress. I shall find them gathered in thee when I awake and shall be free.153

落日问道:“有谁继续我的职务呢?”

瓦灯说道:“我要尽我所能地做去,我的主人。”

 

“Who is there to take up my duties?”asked the setting sun.

“I shall do what I can,my Master,”said the earthen lamp.

试读结束[说明:试读内容隐藏了图片]

下载完整电子书


相关推荐

最新文章


© 2020 txtepub下载