轻松学好英语口语(txt+pdf+epub+mobi电子书下载)


发布时间:2020-06-14 16:01:25

点击下载

作者:读书堂

格式: AZW3, DOCX, EPUB, MOBI, PDF, TXT

轻松学好英语口语

轻松学好英语口语试读:

内容提要

在现代的全面社会里,英语是我们必修的门课程,他拥有与国外洽谈时的运用自如和对国外文化的了解,要学好英语并不是一件难事,只要你认真学,没有办不成的事,他让你们在今后的路上可以成功的发展面向国外,英语课堂,语课交际用语,说英语的主要困难,听力课交际用语学校日常生活用语。

Part 1 口语和听力惯用语

(Active speakers in and out of the college English classroom)

Unit 1 In the Oral Class(口语课交际用语)

1.The main problem in speaking English(说英语的主要困难)

T:What do you think is the main problem in speaking English?

你认为说英语的主要困难是什么?

S:I just don't know how to express myself.

我不知道该怎样表达。

T:You can't find the exact words to express your ideas?

找不到确切的字眼来表达自己的想法?

S:That's often the case.Sometimes I want to use some phrases we have learned,but I'm not sure about myself.

往往是这样,有时想用一些学过的词组,自己又没有把握。

T:In one word,you lack practice in oral English.It's quite common among the students.That's why we have oral English class.

一句话,缺乏训练,这在中学生中很普遍,所以我们要开口语课。

2.The English corner(英语角)

T:Do you often go to the English corner?

你常去英语角吗?

S:Not very often,but sometimes.

不经常去,但有时候去。

S:Many universities and colleges have such regular activity on Friday evening.

许多大学生都在周五晚定时开办英语角。

T:No organizer,no leader.Students would like to go there to practise their spoken English.

没有人组织,没有领导,学生们自觉地到那里去练习口语。

S:Betty,the American visiting teacher,gives us a lot of help.

英语教师贝蒂给我们很大帮助。

T:That's true.

确实是这样。

3.Extracurricular English activity(英语课外活动)

T:Can you give some ideas for practising English?

你对如何练习英语有什么想法?

S:As far as I know,the“Extracurricular English Activity”is a wide English World out of the classroom.

我觉得英语课活动是一个广阔的课外英语世界。

T:How many students are involved in this activity?

有多少同学参与这一活动?

S:About half.

大约一半。

T:All practical activities require conscious effort.

实践活动都是要自觉的。

S:Sometimes we would remain in the classroom after the oral English class.

有时上完口语课,我们还留在教室里。

T:For what?

干什么呢?

S:For an happy hour of English conversation with classmates.

同学们兴奋地在教室里用英语聊天。

T:That's great!

太棒了!

4.Open our mouths(开口说话)

T:Have you any good way to push our oral English forward?

你有什么好办法使我们的口语提高一步?

S:I think first of all we must open our mouths.

我认为首先必须开口说话。

T:What shall we do if someone keeps silence?

如果有人沉默不说话怎么办?

S:We may turn to pair work or group talk.

可以开展双人对话或小组讨论。

T:What if he's still speechless in a small group?

如果在小组里他还不说呢?

S:Don't press him too hard.Let him be free.

不要强迫他。让他自便。

5.Speaking English in the dorm(在宿舍说英语)

T:Have you got in the habit speaking English with your roommates in the evening?

你们养成晚上在宿舍说英语的习惯了吗?

S:No,it's not interesting at all.

没有,一点意思都没有。

T:You've tried it?

你们试过了?

S:Yes,but our talk can last no longer than one or two minutes.

试过了。一次最多只能说一、两分钟。

T:Why?

为什么?

S:We are often stuck after 2 or 3 sentences.

说两三句就卡住了。

T:But you may help each other and even with the help of the dictionary.

但你们可以互相帮助,甚至借助字典。

S:That's a great trouble.

太麻烦了。

T:You should go ahead in spite of all the trouble.

不要怕麻烦,要坚持说。

6.Keep to the subject!(不要跑题!)

T:I think you are straying form the topic.

我看你们谈的有点离题了吧。

S:In fact we are talking around the subject.Only that we want to get things deeper,so our conversation sounds a bit far away from the topic.

实际上我们是围绕主题谈论的,只是我们希望深入探讨,因此我们的讨论听起来有点跑题。

T:That's all right as long as you keep speaking English.Go on,please.

那好。只要你们坚持讲英语,继续谈吧。

7.Avoid Chinglish in the speech!(尽量不讲汉式英语!)

T:What should we do to avoid Chinglish in our speech?

我们该如何避免讲汉式英语?

S:We have to listen to English more often and do more outside reading in English.So we can get to know what is the English way of saying things.

我们要常听英语,增加课外阅读,以熟悉英语的表达方式。

T:That's right.Memorizing some English essays and articles would also help.In this way we would gradually stop thinking in Chinese.

对。背诵一些英语文章也很有帮助,这样我们可以逐步放弃用汉语思考的习惯。

Unit 2 In the Listening class(听力课交际用语)

1.Listening to the radio(听广播)

T:Do you listen to Radio Beijing?

你听Radio Beijing吗?

S:I prefer VOA or BBC.

不听。我愿意听美国之音和BBC。

T:Why?

为什么?

S:VOA and BBC offer idiomatic English programs.I like Special English of VOA.

美国之音和BBC是地道的英语节目。我喜欢美国之音的特别英语节目。

T:It's not standard English.It's slower.

那不是标准英语语速,说得较慢。

S:Especially the news report.

特别是新闻节目。

2.TV English program(电视英语节目)

T:Do you like TV English Program?

你喜欢电视英语节目吗?

S:Yes.I enjoy it.I think it can both entertain and educate the viewers.

喜欢。我想它既能为人们提供娱乐又能起到教育作用。

T:What are your favorite programs?

你最喜欢哪些节目?

S:I like“The Discovery”very much.It is on at about 12:30 at noon.I enjoy the TV serials U.F.O.and I learn so much from it.

我很喜欢“The Discovery”栏目,大约中午12:30 播出。我爱看“飞碟”(不明飞行物)系列片,从中受益不小。

T:So you are much interested in science.

这么说你对科技很感兴趣。

S:That's true.

是的。

3.How long do you listen to English every day?(每天用多长时间听英语?)

T:How long do you listen to English every day?

你每天用多长时间听英语?

S:It just depends.

这得看情况。

T:Why not have a plan and listen to English regularly?

为什么没有计划,每天定时听呢?

S:I usually listen to English programs in the morning,but sometimes I'm carried away by music or other programs over the radio.

我通常早上听英语,但有时打开收音机,被音乐或其它节目迷住了。

T:Oh.I'm sorry to hear that.You may enjoy music in your leisure time.

噢,很遗憾。你可以在闲暇时间听音乐。

S:Yes.I should try to be strict with myself.

是的。我应当严格要求自己。

4.Why are you disappointed?(为什么失望)

T:Why are you so disappointed?

为什么这么失望啊?

S:I listened to the second paragraph many times.But I just couldn't catch one word in the beginning sentence……a letter of what?

第二段我听了好几遍,开头句的一个词怎么也听不清楚……一封什么信?

T:Don't lose heart.A letter of complaint.

别灰心。A letter of complaint.

S:Complaint?I seem to know the word,but I forget the Chinese for it.

我好像知道这个词,但想不起来中文意思。

T:When you are not satisfied with somthing,you would complain.

当你对某些事物不满意时,就要投拆。

S:Yes,I remember now.Thank you.

啊,我想起来了。谢谢。

5.Some reforms on the listening class(听力课的改革)

T:Can we carry on some reforms on the listening class?

听力课能进行一些改革吗?

S:Yes.I think so.But how?

能。但怎么改革呢?

T:Our English class is still traditional.Most students prefer listening to the teacher.

我们的听力课还是传统式的。大部分同学就愿意听老师讲。

S:We listen to the tape attentively and can only make out half of it.So we like to listen to you explaining everything.

我们专心地听着录音,也只能听懂一半,所以愿意听老师逐句解释。

T:You pay too much attention to individual words and expressions.In fact what matters a lot is the content and the ideas of the material.How about group work in which you may talk to each other about what you hear?Help from your classmates is just as important as that from the teacher.

你们过多地注重单个的词和词组,事实上重要的是内容。小组讨论怎么样?在小组里你们可以就听到的内容互相交谈。同学之间的互相启发与来自老师的帮助同等重要。

S:We know that.Let's work together and try our best.

这一点我们也知道,让我们共同努力吧。

6.Don't get absent-minded!(别走神!)

T:Concentrate yourself on the recording.

集中精力听录音。

S:I've tried my best to do so,but if I meet some new words,I'll get absent-minded.

我尽量注意听,但遇到生词就走神。

T:Sometimes it is not the new words that hinder your hearing.It might be the vowel sounds which are given different pronunciations by different speakers in this passage,so you must be patient and judge by yourself according to the context.

有时不一定是生词妨碍你的听力,在这段材料中可能是不同的讲话者对一些元音的发音不同。这会使你受影响,你必须耐心听,根据上下文判断。

Unit 3 Everyday life at school(学校日常生活用语)

1.In front of the buildings(在教学楼前)

A:What are these buildings?

这些建筑是做什么用的?

B:They're student dormitories.

是学生宿舍。

A:What's that tall building over there?

那边那座高楼是做什么用的?

B:It's the school library.It's new,isn't it?

那是学校图书馆。它很新,不是吗?

A:Fairly!

相当新了!

B:Where's the school clinic?

学校诊所在哪儿?

A:It's just behind the library.

就在图书馆后面。

B:Is that building the lecture hall?

那座建筑是讲座厅吗?

A:Yes,it is.

是的。

2.Meeting on the campus(校园相遇)

A:Can I help you with your luggage?

我来帮你拿行李吧。

B:Thanks a lot.Can you take me to Building No.Four?I'm told my room is there.

多谢。你能带我去4号楼吗?我的房间在那儿。

A:So you're a new student.Come with me.I'll show you the way.

那么你是一名新学生了。跟我来,我给你带路。

B:Thank you very much.

非常感谢。

3.Meeting a friend on the campus(老朋友校园相遇)

A:Hello!Li Hua.How are you?

嗨!李华。你好吗?

B:Hi!What a surprise!I haven't seen you for ages,and how are you?

嗨!真没想到会是你!好久没见你了,你好吗?

A:Just as usual,thank you.You look great today!How's everything with you?

还行,谢谢。你今天显得特别精神。一切可好啊!

B:Pretty good.Glad to see you again.You are looking terrific in that jacket.

还不错。见到你太好了!你穿上那件茄克衫帅极了。

A:Really?Good God!You've become a chatter bor!

真的?天呀!你已经成了话匣子了!

B:Far from it.By the way,where are you going?

过奖了。顺便问一下,你要去哪儿?

A:I'm going to the computer center.What about you?

我要去计算机中心。你呢?

B:Good,I'm heading for the post office,then for the computer center.See you later.

我要去邮局,然后去计算机中心。回头见!

A:Good,I'll see you there.

好的,在那儿见。

4.Talking about study(谈论学习)

A:How are you getting along with your studies?

你的学习怎么样?

B:Not very well!

不太好!

A:Why do you say so?

怎么呢?

B:I've not got used to the way of teaching and learning at the university.

我还没有习惯大学里的教学方法。

A:What do you mean by saying that?

此话怎讲?

B:At middle school,the teachers talked all the time.We just took notes,tried to memorize the books,and got high marks.But here in the university,there are so many discussions,experiments and papers.

中学时老师只管讲,我们只做笔记,努力背书,得高分。可在大学里,有这么多的讨论、实验和论文。

A:There's some truch to that.

是这样的!

B:And everyone seems only to mind one's own business.After class,I can't find either my professors or classmates,so sometimes I even got homesick.

每个人似乎只管自己的事,课后老师和同学很难找到。所以有时我甚至想家。

A:Oh,that's the college life.When in Rome,do as the Romans do.

哦,这就是大学生活。入乡随俗吧!

5.Encouragement(鼓励)

A:It seems that I haven't a gift for languages.I simply can't learn English!

我好像没有语言天赋,根本就学不了英语!

B:Why do you say so?I think you've made a lot of progress.

怎么那么说呢?你已经进步不小了。

A:No,I've not.I have tried a lot but I still can't speak it well.How do you pick it up so quickly and easily?

我没什么进步。试了又试,还是讲不好。你怎么学得又快又轻松呢?

B:Learning any language takes a lot of effort.But don't give up.We need to brush it up a bit every day.Why don't we practise those dialogues together?

学任何语言都要付了出巨大努力,但不要放弃。需要我们每天温习。我们为什么不在一起练练那些对话呢?

A:Good idea!That just might help.

好主意!这样也许会有帮助。

6.Talking about college(谈论学校)

A:I'm thinking about transferring out of this college into another one.

我想转到另一所学校。

B:How come?I thought you liked it here.

为什么?我原以为你喜欢这里。

A:I do.But our economic department doesn't give Master's degrees,only Bachelor's.I want a Master's.

我是喜欢这儿。但是这儿的经济系不授予硕士学位,只有学士学位,而我想要硕士学位。

B:What are you worrying about?Just ask your professors to write letters of recommendation for you and you'll be set.

你担心什么?让你们教授给你写几封推荐信不就行了吗。

A:Professor Li wrote a letter of recommendation for me and bought me a lot of books and some reference material that goes with them,so I owe a lot to him.

李教授给我写了一封推荐信,还为我买了许多书及配套的参考资料,我很感激他。

7.Studying abroad(谈论留学)

A:Do you want to study abroad?

你要出国留学?

B:Nothing tangible is in sight yet.I have just applied,and haven't heard anything yet.

八学还没一撇呢。我刚申请,还没什么消息。

A:What sort of formalities do you need to go through to study abroad?

出国留学都需要办些什么手续?

B:First you're got to take a foreign language test like the TOEFL or the GRE.If the score is good,then you can apply for a scholarship.

先考外语,比如TOEFL或GRE什么的。如果成绩好,你可以申请奖学金。

A:How about you?

你怎么样?

B:I got a 580 on the TOEFL this time.There's not much hope,and the GRE score hasn't come out yet.I've sent out several application letters,but I haven't got anything back.Are you planning to further your studies abroad?

这回我TOEFL才考了580分,看来希望不大,GRE成绩还没下来。我发了几封申请信,可连一封回信都没有。你也想出国深造吗?

A:Me to study abroad?When pigs fly?

我去留学?除非太阳从西边出来!

B:How come you haven't got any ambition?

你怎么这么没志气?

A:I do have.I am busy preparing for the examination for entering Qinghua University to work for the degree of Master of Science.And in there years I'll be the most famous professor's Ph.D.student.

我当然有志气。我正忙着准备考试进清华大学攻读理科硕士学位,3年之后我还会成为最有名的教授的博士生。

8.Borrowing books(借书)

A:I'd like to borrow these four books.

我想借这4本书。

B:Have you got your library card?

你带图书证了吗?

A:Yes,right here.

是的,在这儿。

B:You've already had five books out,so you can only take out one more.

你已借了5本,所以你只能再借1本。

A:Then I'll just take out this one.

那么我只借这本吧。

B:Okay,here's the book and your card.

好的,这是你的书和图书证。

A:Thanks.Bye.

谢谢。再见。

9.Returning an overdue book(归还过期书籍)

A:I'd like to return this book,please.

我想归还这本书。

B:It's overdue.It should have been returned last Friday.

它已经过期了,应该在上星期五还。

A:I'm sorry!Do I have to pay a fine?

对不起!我要缴付罚金吗?

B:You sure do.It's been overdue for nine days,so that's 90 cents.

当然要。它已过期9天,所以要付9角。

A:Here you go.

钱在这。

B:Thanks.Here's your change.

谢谢。这是找给你的钱。

10.I could eat a horse!(我饿极了!)

A:I'm starving!How about you?

我快要饿死了!你呢?

B:I'm pretty hungry,too.

我也相当饿。

A:Did you have your breakfast this morning?

今天早上你吃早饭了吗?

B:Yes.Steamed bread,rice porridge.

吃了。馒头,米粥。

A:You shouldn't feel hungry in that case.

那你不该再感觉饿了。

B:I don't know why.I just can't fill the hole.

我不知道为什么。我就是填不饱肚子。

A:You certainly have a good appetite.

你的食欲一定很好。

B:Did you have your breakfast?

你吃早饭了吗?

A:No.I got up at half past seven.When I dashed to the dining-hall,it had closed already.

没有。我七点半起床。当我冲进餐厅时,已经关门了。

B:So,it serves you right!

那活该!

A:You bad fellow.I'll teach you a lesson.

11.你这个坏小子,我要教训你一顿

Who's it?(谁来了?)A:(Knocking at the door)May I come in?(敲门声)我可以进来吗?

B:Yes,who is it?Come in,please.

是谁?请进!

A:Excuse me,is this Fang Hua's room?

打扰了,方华在这儿住吗?

B:Yes,but she is not in at the moment.

是的,可她这会儿不在。

A:Do you know where she is now?

你知道现在她在哪儿吗?

B:I'm not sure.Well,please take a seat.I'll try to find her for you.She can't be far at this hour of the day.

我不太清楚。请坐!我找找看。她这个时候不会走远。

A:Thank you.It's very kind of you.

谢谢。你太好了。

12.I can't sleep!(我睡不着!)

A:Why aren't you asleep yet?

怎么还不睡呀?

B:I can't sleep.Will you talk with me?

睡不着。愿意陪我聊聊吗?

A:Of course.I guess you've got something on your mind.

当然,猜想你一定有心事。

B:En……how to say……I want to part with Li Na.

……怎么说呢。我打算和李娜分手。

A:Aren't things OK with you two?Everyone envies you.

你们俩不是挺好的吗?人家都羡慕你们。

B:You don't know;she's“looking for greener pastures”now.

你不知道,她现在是“这山望着那山高”。

A:What?You have belived the gossip spreading among some students recently?How silly you are!It seems true that if a lie is told a hundred times,it becomes truth.

什么?你真的相信最近的流言蜚语?你可真够傻!看来还真是这么回事,假话说上一百遍就成了真话。

B:That's really something making me worry and unhappy.

这件事真是让我担心,又不开心。

A:Don't worry over for nothing.I think you must have mistaken her.She is not such kind of a girl.Remember choosing a girlfriend by your eyes rather than by your ears.I should say LI Na is a true pal and good girl.

别自寻烦恼了。你一定是误解她了,她可不是那种女孩子。记住,找女朋友要用眼睛看不要听别人说。我应该说一句,李娜不仅够朋友,还是个好女孩。

13.Asking for a leave(捎假)

A:What's the matter with you,Fang Hua?

方华,你怎么了?

B:I'm not feeling very well.Will you please tell the teacher I won't be able to come to the class today?

我不舒服,你能告诉老师我今天不能去上课吗?

A:Oh,I'm sorry.(feeling his forehead lovingly)You're running a fever.How long have you been like that?

噢,是吗。(轻抚他的前额)你在发烧。你不舒服多久了?

B:It started yesterday.

昨天。

A:Have you seen a doctor?

看医生了吗?

B:Not yet.

还没有。

A:Is there anything I can do for you?

我能为你做些什么?

B:Not now,thank you.

现在不用,谢谢。

A:I'll certainly let the teacher know this,but be sure to take a good rest and drink a lot of hot water.

我肯定告诉老师,不过你一定要好好休息,多喝些热水。

B:Thank you.Bye!

谢谢你。再见!

14.Stand treat!(请客!)

A:Li Bin,you should treat us to some candy.

李斌,你应该请我们吃糖。

B:What's good for me?

我有什么好事?

A:Make a guess.

猜猜看!

B:I can't.

猜不出来。

A:Here is a letter for you from a university with letters in delicate hand.It must be a love letter.Oh,stand treat!

这儿有你的一封信,从一所大学来的。信封上的字体娟秀,一定是情书,请客!

B:Don't talk nonsense.It's from my sister.

别瞎说,这是我妹妹的来信。

A:What did she say?

她说什么了?

B:The same old stuff!Study hard,don't drink,don't smoke,a long list of do's and don'ts.

还不是老一套。努力学习呀、别喝酒啦、不要吸烟了,列了一大堆该做的和不该做的事情。

15.It's too hot!(天气真热!)

A:How come you're all sweaty?Have a seat and some tea.

你怎么一身汗?快坐下喝口茶吧。

B:It's really so hot I could die.I never would have thought the summer here could be so hot.

真把我热死了。没想到这儿的夏天这么热。

A:This is the first summer since you have been hare at college,isn't it?

这是你入学以来在这里过的第一个夏天吧?

B:Yeah.This hot sticky weather makes me feel absolutely miserable.All that the fan blows is hot air,and everyday I just want to take a dunk in the pool.

是的,这种又热又粘的天气让我感觉十分不舒服。电扇吹出来的都是热风,每天只想泡在游泳池里。

A:It was said in the newspaper that we are having the highest temperatures in history this year.And the average temperature has already passed 38 degrees Celsius.

据上说今年是历史上气温最高的一年,平均气温已经超过38度了。

B:Oh,I must be going now.I am looking for Wang Gang.Where does he live?Am I on the right floor?

哦,我得去找王刚了。他在哪儿住?是在这层吗?

A:No,he lives on the fifth floor.You can take the stairs on the left up.

不,他在五楼住。你可以从左边的楼梯上去。

16.Going to hospital(去医院)

A:What's the matter with your foot?

你的脚怎么了?

B:I fell down the steps just now.

刚才我从楼梯上滑倒了。

A:Let me have a look.

让我看看。

B:Ouch!That hurts.

哎哟!好疼!

A:Would you let me to take you to the hospital?You might have broken a bone.

要我送你去医院吗?你可能骨折了。

B:It's very kind of you.But someone is getting a car for me.Thank you just the same.

你太好了。有人给我叫车了,谢谢你。

17.Have you been to see a doctor?(你看医生了吗?)

A:You look ill.

你看起来不很好。

B:I'm under the weather.I feel cold and tired.

我感觉不舒服,又累又冷。

A:You're running a temperature.Have you seen a docor?

你在发烧。看过医生了吗?

B:No.I just came back from the library.

没有。我刚从图书馆回来。

A:You'd better go and see a doctor at once.Shall I go with you to the clinic?

你最好马上去看医生。我跟你一起去诊所吧!

B:Won't that be too much bother?

那不是太麻烦你了吗?

A:No bother at all.

没关系。

18.Playing cards(打牌)

A:That's great!We've finally finished our mid-term examination.How happy we are!

太棒了!期中考试总算结束了。我们太幸福了!

B:Yes,that's really great!We can have 3 days for a rest and relax ourselves.What idea do you have in your mind?

是的,太美了!我们有3天时间休息。打算做点儿什么?

A:It's nearly half a year since we last played cards.Are you thinking we will ask several classmates to play cards the whole night?

我们已经有半年没打牌了。你想不想找几个人玩上一个通宵?

B:That's a good idea.So we can play cards this whole night and have a sound sleep tomorrow.

这是个好主意。今天晚上我们可以玩一个通宵,明天好好睡一觉。

A:Who do you have in mind?

你看叫谁好?

B:I think we'd better ask Wang Fei,Li Jiang,Ma Li and perhaps Zhang Jian.

我想最好叫王飞、李江、马力和张健。

A:That's pretty good combination.We are getting on well with cach other in everything.What do you want me to do?

这样的组合很好,我们几个人什么事情都能说到一起。我现在该做些什么?

A:Please tell them to come our dorm at 7:30 this evening.I'll arrange for it.

通知他们晚上七点半到咱们宿舍来。我做好安排。

B:OK,all right.

好的。

19.Swimming game(游泳比赛)

A:The competition is already started.There are many spectators in the stands.Let's hurry and cheer for them.

比赛开始了。看台上有这么多的观众。我们快点给他们回油去。

B:Look!What a beautiful stroke he swims!I haven't seen such a good swimmer for a long time.

快看,他游得多漂亮呀!我有好长时间没看到过游得这么好的人了。

A:That is our English teacher.He is excellent at swimming.He will,on behalf of this University,take part in the National Sports Meet for the Middle and Old Aged People to be held in Beijing next month.

那是我们的英语老师,他游泳可棒了。下个月他将代表咱们学校参加在北京举行的中老年人全国运动会。

B:How great he is!I hear he can swim freestyle,sidestroke and breastsroke very well.

他可真了不起!我听说他自由泳、侧泳和蛙泳都游得非常好。

A:I hear some ice sports like skating and ice dancing and water-skiing are also included in the Sports Meet,aren't they?

据说全运会还没有像滑冰和冰上舞蹈这样的冰上运动及滑水运动,是吧?

B:Yes.There are a lot of items in small amount of exercise specially provided for the middle and old aged people,such as ball games,setting-up exercise to music,golf and so on.

是的。还有许多适合中老年人运动量小的项目,比如球类、广播体操、高尔夫球等。

A:There he comes.He is sure to win,for he keeps the lead all the time.In two or three minutes he will get to the finishing line.

老师游过来了!他一路领先,肯定拿第一。再有两三分钟就到终点了。

B:Shall we go over there to give him our congratulations?

咱们赶到那边去祝贺他吗?

A:Yes,sure.Let's go at once.

好,我们赶紧走。

20.After the ball game(球赛之后)

A:Did you watch the game last night?

你昨晚看球赛了吗?

B:I surely did.I wouldn't have missed it for anything!

当然看了。忘了什么也不能忘了球赛呀!

A:I think it is one of the best games I've ever seen.

我认为这是我看过的最精彩的比赛了。

B:Me,too.I think both teams played super ball.Too bad one had to lose.

我也这么看。我认为两个人都踢得相当好,可惜的是总有一方得输。

A:Yeah.I think they were evenly matched.It could have gone either way!

是呀。我认为双方水平相当,都有可能输或赢。

B:The shot that won in the last fifteen seconds was really something.

最后15秒时射进的那个球决定了胜负。

21.Sports meet(运动会)

A:Hurry up!Otherwise we'll be late for the opening ceremony.

快点!否则我们赶不上开幕式了。

B:Ok!Just a minute.I'm putting on my sports shoes.

好的,就一会儿。我穿上运动鞋。

A:What events are you in?

你有什么项目?

B:100-meter dash,110-meter hurdle,800-meter run and 400-meter relay.

100米短跑、110米障碍、800米和400米接力。

A:I guess you are a very fast runner.

我看你一定跑得非常快。

B:I'm particularly fond of all kinds of races.

我的强项是各种径赛。

A:What's your record for 100-meter dash?

你的100米纪录是多少?

B:11.3 seconds.

11秒3。

A:Ah!It reminds me that you broke the university record last year.Yor are great!

啊,我想起来了,去年你还打破了学校纪录,真了不起!

B:Thank you.

谢谢。

22.What do you think of disco?(你怎样看待迪斯科?)

A:What do you think of disco?

你怎样看待迪斯科?

B:It's more like sports than an art form.

这种舞与其说是一种艺术形式,倒不如说是一项体育运动。

A:It's still popular among many young people.

许多年轻人仍喜欢跳。

B:Yes,we also have disco parties on the campus.

是的,我们也有校园迪斯科舞会。

A:I think it's easy to organize,since the dance is only accompanied by recorded music.

我想这很容易组织,因为它只需要唱片伴奏。

B:That's true.

是这样。

23.Learning to play the guitar(学弹吉他)

A:I have started learning to play the guitar.

我开始学弹吉他了。

B:Are you taking lessons?

你在上吉他课吗?

A:Not regular lessons.Only that I've talked to people who play the guitar,and got the basic ideas.

没有正规上课,只是同会弹吉他的人聊过,懂得了一些初步概念。

B:Are you making progress?

弹得有进步了吗?

A:Yes,a lot.Two of my classmates play the guitar together with me.

当然有进步,进步还不小呢。我的两个同班同学跟我一起弹。

B:What sort of music do you like to play?

你喜欢弹什么曲子?

A:All sorts,nothing in particular,anything perhaps from Spanish,classical to jazz.

没有什么特别爱好,各种曲子都弹,西班牙的,古典的,以至于爵士乐,什么都喜欢。

24.Does TV attract you very much?(电视是否非常吸引你?)

A:What's on tonight?Who are in the leading roles?

今晚演什么?都谁演主角?

B:Stand by Me.《佳人有约》。

A:How do you like it?

你觉得怎样?

B:It was really a knock-out.

真过瘾。

A:Does TV attract you very much?

你很喜欢看电视吗?

B:Yes,I like to watch TV,but only when I am at home.

是的,我喜欢看电视,但只是回家的时候看。

A:Why?

为什么?

B:We have hardly any chance to watch TV on the campus.

在校园里几乎没有机会看电视。

A:You don't have TV rooms open to students?

你们学校没有向学生开放的电视室吗?

B:Yes,we have.But they are open only when there are some important events such as the Olympics,the Asian Games or the finals in the World Cup of Football.

我们有电视室,但只是当有重大事件时才对学生开放,比如奥运会、亚运会、或是世界杯足球决赛时。

25.At the birthday parth(在生日宴会上)

A:Come in,Li Lin.It's good to see you on my birthday.

李林,进来。真高兴在我生日时见到你。

B:It's good to see you,too.How are things with you?

我也很高兴。一切顺利吧?

A:Oh,fine.They are my friends Li Hua and Fang Yi.Li Hua studies at Tianjin University of Technologr;Fang Yi is from Nankai.

很好,他们是我的好朋友李华和方毅。李华在天津理工大学上学,方毅是南开大学的学生。

B:Hi,you two.

你们好。

A:Hi,Li Lin.

你好,李林。

B:I guess you've reserved this birthday table on the campus for this special occasion.Some students in my collegs also do the same.

我想你一定是为自己的生日预定了校园生日餐桌,我们学校一些同学也这样做。

A:It's nice to pass the good time with my friends in such a specially decorated room.

在布置别致的生日餐厅里与好朋友共度美好时光真是太好了。

26.The English speech contest(演讲比赛)

A:How did you like the English lecture contest by the first-year students?

你觉得一年级的英语演讲比赛怎么样?

B:Very good indeed!

相当不错!

A:Which did you like best?

你认为哪个最好?

B:Well,the second was good,and the last one was also interesting.And I especially liked the one with the title of“I want to fly.”He's got such good pronunciation!

哦,第二个挺好的,最后一个也很有趣。我尤其喜欢那个题目为“我要飞翔”的。他的语音好极了。

A:Yes,he also got the highest scores from the judgements!

是的,评委们给了他最高分!

B:Our dean spoke highly of his beautiful pronunciation and intonation.

我们的系主任对他的语音语调给了很高评价!

A:It's really a kind of enjoyment to listen to his speech.

听他的演讲确实是一种享受。

27.Salon plan(沙龙计划)

A:What's up?

有什么新鲜的事吗?

B:Nothing much.What's new with you?

没有。你有什么新鲜的事儿吗?

A:Not too much.I've been pretty busy the whole day.

没什么。整天瞎忙。

B:Me too.It seems like all I do is eating and sleeping.

可不是嘛,整天好像除了吃就是睡。

A:You remember that thing you told me last week?

你还记得上个月你跟我说的那件事吗?

B:Which one?The one about the English salon?

什么事?是不是关于英语沙龙的事?

A:Yeah.That's the one.Listen,I've got a terrific idea about the whole project and we need to discuss it.

对,就是。我听我说,我对这个计划有个绝妙的主意,想和你商量商量。

B:Wonderful!I'd like to hear some of your ideas.

好极了!我很愿意听听你的想法。

28.I want to be a teacher(我想当老师)

A:Have you thought about what you'll do after you graduate from the university next year?

明年大学毕业后你打算做什么?

B:I think I'll probably go into teaching.It's what I've always wanted to do.But my parents hope I'll work in the office.I think it's too dull,though.

我想我多半会去教书,这是我一直想从事的职业。但是我父母希望我进机关工作,可我认为在机关工作太枯燥。

A:So you want to be a teacher?

所以你想当老师?

B:Yeah.Being a teacher,I'll have a happy and rewarding life.And I think being surrounded by young people may help to keep me young.

对,当老师,我的生活会过得快乐,富有成果。跟年轻人在一起,我也永葆青春。

29.Sightseeing in Beijing(到北京观光)

A:Hello,it's my first time in Beijing.What would you advise me to see here?

你好,这是我第一次来北京。你看我在这儿游览些什么地方好?

B:Well,you know Beijing was the capital of many dynasties,so it is an ancient city and has many historic interests,such as the Great Wall,the Summer Palace,the Forbidden City,the Temple of Heaven……

你知道北京是很多朝代的首都,所以它是一座古城,有很多的历史古迹。像长城,颐和园,紫禁城,天坛……

A:But I'm going to stay here only for two days.

但是我只打算在这里呆两天。

B:I'm afraid two days isn't enough for you to see all the places of interest.

恐怕两天的时间不够你游览的所有的名胜古迹。

A:What shall I do then?

那我怎么办呢?

B:If I were you,the Great Wall would be my first choice.As the Chinese saying goes,“you're not a true man until you get to the Great Wall.”

哪果我是你,长城是我第一个要观光的古迹。中国有句俗话:“不到长城非好汉。”

A:It's really worth seeing.By the way,I'd like to buy some souvenirs.

这确实值得一看。另外,我想买些纪念品。

B:You needn't worry about it.There are many stores at the scenic spots.I'm sure you can get what you want.

别担心,风景区有很多商店。我保证能买到你需要的纪念品。

30.Planning a picnic(野餐计划)

A:We haven't gone on a picnic for ages.How about going on a picnic this weekend?

我们好久没去野餐了。这个周末去野餐怎么样?

B:Sounds like a good idea.Where shall we go?A park or the countryside?

真是个好主意。我们去哪儿?公园还是乡下?

A:Well,the countryside is my favorite.The scene is beautiful there and the air is fresh.Maybe we can find a stream and have a real picnic there.

我喜欢去乡下。那儿风景优美,空气新鲜。也许我们能找到一条小溪,在那儿进行一次真正的野餐。

B:So,I'll prepare the food and you'll arrange the transportation.

好,我准备食品,你安排行程。

31.What can I do for you?(你要买点什么?)

A:What can I do for you?

您要点什么?

B:I'm trying to find a blue sports coat of size 48.Do you have any?

我想买一件48码的蓝色运动衣。有没有?

A:Sorry,we do have the color but not the size.This size is rare.

抱歉,这个颜色的有,但没这个尺码的。这种尺码的很少。

B:Are you likely to be getting any more in?

最近还进货吗?

A:I'm not sure.

说不准。

B:Can you order me one?

你们能帮我订做吗?

A:Sure.

当然可以。

B:How much is it if you order me one?

订做多少钱?

A:About 250 yuan.Would you mind leaving your phone number.I'll ring you when it is made.

大约250元。请留个电话号码,做好之后我给您打电话。

B:All right,thank you.

好的,谢谢。

32.I've passed CET Band 4(我已过了英语四级)

A:Have a seat,please.I'm the personnel manager.I've read your application form and resume.I know you are twenty-two years old and graduated from Nankai University.Your major is electronics?

请坐,我是人事部经理。我已看了你的申请表和简历,知道你22岁,毕业于南开大学。你的专业是电子学?

B:Yeah,I have answered every question in the form.

是的,申请表中的所有问题我都回答了。

A:We need one with a good command of English,because our company is a British one.How's your English?

我们需要一位英语较好的人,因为我们公司是一家英国公司。你的英语好不好?

B:I believe my English is good enough for me to work in your company.I've passed CET Band 4.

我想我的英语在贵公司工作没问题。我已经通过了大学英语四级考试。

A:That's good.Then please get ready for an English interview with the department manager.

这很好。那么就请准备参加部门经理对你进行的英语口试吧。

B:When am I supposed to come?

我什么时候来?

A:We'll inform you of the exact date.

具体时间另行通知。

33.Summer job(暑期工作)

A:May I talk to the personnel supervisor?

我能与人事主管谈谈吗?

B:It's me.What can I do for you?

我就是。你有什么事吗?

A:I'm here for the job advertised in yesterday's newspaper.

我来应聘昨天报上登的工作。

B:You look like a student.Am I right?

你看起来像个学生,对吧?

A:You are right.I am in my summer vacation,and I hope to get a job to earn some money.

是的。我正在过暑假,在这段时间里,我希望能找到一份工作挣点钱。

B:As a tourist guide,you must be very fluent in English.Have you done that kind of job before?

作为导游,你的英语口语必须非常流利。你以前做过导游吗?

A:Yes,I have.I served as a tourist guide for Beijing International Travel Service last summer.

做过。去年夏天我曾经为北京国际旅行社做过导游。

B:So you conducted tours for foreign tourists?

那么你是负责外国游客的观光游览了?

A:Yes,we had tours around Beijing and to many other places of historical interest and scenic spots.And we all had a good time.

是的,我们领他们游览了整个北京市,还去了其它一些地方的名胜古迹。大家都玩得很开心。

B:I noticed your pronunciation and intonation are excellent.We will take you on.If it is convenient for you,come and work tomorrow.

我注意到你的语音语调都很棒,我们决定录用你。如果方便的话,明天就过来上班。

A:Thank you very much.

谢谢。

B:By the way,what pay do you expect?

哦,你希望多少薪水?

A:Since I am a student and inexperienced,I can't say.

我还是个学生,没有经验,不好说。

B:OK.I am sure it will be fair for you.

好吧,我保证我们会给你一个公正的数目。

34.We need a secretary(我们需要一个秘书)

A:I went over your application form yesterday.There're a few more point I'd like to know.Would you mind answering a few questions?

我昨天看了你的申请表。还有几点我想搞清楚。问你几个问题,不介意吧?

B:Of course not.

当然可以。

A:We need a secretary.Can you tell me what qualifications a secretary should possess?

我们需要一名秘书,你知道秘书应具备什么资格吗?

B:I think a secretary should possess the abilities to trep and take short hand.I'm good at taking short hand,but I can't type fast.If I keep practising for several days,I can improve my typing speed.

我想秘书应会打字和速记,我会速记但字打得不快,但若是坚持练几天,我的打字速度就能提高。

A:Our firm does business with foreign companies.How about your English?

我们公司与外国公司做生意,你的英语怎么样?

B:I can speak and write good English,for I've learned it for the years,ever since I was a middle school student.

我的英语说和写都很好,我已经学了10年的英语,从一上中学就开始学。

A:Do you know other languages?

会别的语言吗?

B:I know a little Japanese.I began to learn it six months ago.

懂一点日语,6个月前开始学的。

A:If you work in our company,you have to use the computer everyday.We need one who has good knowledge not only in languages,but also in computer.

在我们公司里工作,每天你都要使用计算机。我们所需要的人不仅要熟练地掌握语言,而且还要熟悉计算机。

B:I'm surely qualified for this job.

我确实有此资格。

A:By the way,do you have a two-inch picture?

顺便问一下,你有两寸的照片吗?

B:I'll bring it here this afternoon together with my resume.

今天下午和我的简历一起送来。

35.Any vacancy now?(有职位空缺吗?)

A:Sorry,may I interrupt you?I have just graduated from college.Do you have any vacancy now?

对不起,可以打扰一下吗?我刚大学毕业,你们现在有职位空缺吗?

B:Yes,we have a vacancy for a computer operator.Can you tell me what your major is?

是的,我们有一个计算机操作员的空缺。你是学什么专业的?

A:My major is software design.I have great knowledge in A Series MCP architecture,concept and operation.

我的专业是软件设计,我熟悉A系列MCP结构、概念和操作。

B:Do you have any working experiences?

你有过工作的经历吗?

A:I have worked part-time in several companies when I was a student.I once worked as a computer programmer and I also have two years of experience in A Series MCP.

我上学时在几个公司里兼过职,曾做过编程员,有两年使用A系列MCP结构的工作经验。

B:We are satisfied with your experience.You will become one in our staff soon.

我们对你的经历很满意。你很快便会成为我们的一名员工。

A:I am very glad to hear that.

听到这话,我很高兴。

B:Here is an application form for you to fill out.Bring it back tomorrow with 3 one-inch photos.

这儿有一份申请表填一下,明天连同3张一寸的照片一起交来。

36.Join a small company(到小公司工作)

A:I'm here to apply for the position on your vacancy board.Are you the managers?

我到这来是应聘招工广告上的儿作。您是经理吗?

B:Yes,I am.Can you give me a description about yourself?

是的。你能讲讲你的经历吗?

A:I've just got my BS degree.I worked as a part-time salesman,and then I worded in a trading company.

我刚获得理学士学位。我做过兼职推销员,后来又在一家贸易公司工作。

B:How long did you work at each job?

每个工作你都做了多久?

A:As a salesman I worked for five months,and as a clerk I worked for one year.

我作过5个月的推销员,1年的职员。

B:What has made you decide to join our company?Our company is very small.

你为什么要选择在我们公司工作呢?我们只是个小公司呀。

A:I know that.Frankly speaking,I've been offered attractive jobs from some large corporations.But I believe I would have better chances with your small but growing company.

我知道这一点。坦率的讲,有几家大公司已经为我提供了诱人的工作,但我相信在你们这样虽小却在不断发展的公司干,会有更多的机会。

B:That sounds reasonable.Welcome to join us.Please report yourself in the personnel office at 8 o'clock on the morning of August I with all your credentials and resume.By the way,can you drive?

听起来很有道理。欢迎你到我们公司工作。请于8月1日早晨8点钟,带上你的简历和所有的证明材料到人事处报到。顺便问一下,你会开车吗?

A:Yes,I got a license two years ago.

会,两年前我就拿了驾照。

Part 2 Learn English with joy 英语笑话

1.A True Story from WorkPerfect Employee(技术服务员讲的真实故事)

Actual dialog of a former WordPerfeet Customer Support employee:

“Ridge Hall computer assistant;may I help you?”

“Yes,well,I'm having trouble with WordPerfect.”

“What sort of trouble?”

“Well,I was just typing along,and all of a sudden the words went away.”

“Went away?”

“They disappeared.”

“Hmm.So what does your screen look like now?”

“Nothing.”

“Nothing?”

“It's blank;it won't accept anything that I type.”

“Are you still in WordPerfect,or did you get out?”

“How do I tell?”

“Can you see the C:prompt on the screen?”

“What's a sea-prompt?”

“Never mind.Can you move the cursor around on the screen?”

“There isn't any cursor:I told you,it won't accept anything that I type.”

“Does your monitor have a power indecator?”

“What's a monitor?”

“It's the thing with the screen on it that looks like a TV.Does it have a little light that tells you when it's on?”

“I don't know.”

“Well,then look at the back of that monitor and find where the power cord goes into it.Can you see that?”

“Yes,I think so.”

“Great!Follow the cord to the plug,and tell me if it's plugged into the wall.”

“Yes,it is.”

“When you were behind the monitor,did you notice that there were two cables plugged into the back of it,not just one?”

“No.”

“Well,there are.I need you to look back there again and find the other cable.”

“Okay,here it is.”

“Follow it for me,and tell me if it's plugged securely into the back of your crmputer.”

“I can't reach.”

“Uh huh.Well,can you see if it is?”

“No.”

“Even if you maybe put your knee on something and lean way over?”

“Oh,it's not because I don't have the right angle-it's because it's dark.”

“Dark?”

“Yes-the office light is off,and the only light I have is coming in from the window.”

“Well,turn on the office light then.”

“I can't.”

“No?Why not?”

“Because there is a power outage.”

“A power……A power outage?Aha!Okay,we've got it licked now.Do you still have the boxes and manuals and packing stuff your computer came in?”

试读结束[说明:试读内容隐藏了图片]

下载完整电子书


相关推荐

最新文章


© 2020 txtepub下载